After 15 years in the corporate world, Lisa Garcia Jacobson founded Workplace Solutions in 1998 as a solution to her own career issue: the need for balance and flexibility in her professional and family lives. A true entrepreneur at heart, Lisa transitioned from a burgeoning corporate career at Verizon (GTE) to launching Workplace Solutions, a Tampa, Florida-based human resources consulting firm offering HR consulting and career advice to a variety of corporate and individual clients ranging from Bell South International Wireless Services to Coca-Cola Enterprises.
An Exceptional Level of Expertise
- Holds the highest level of certification from the Society of Human Resource Professionals (SPHR)
- Certified Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator (MBTI) Practitioner
- Adjunct Instructor at Hillsborough Community College where she teaches the SPHR certification class to HR professionals preparing for the national exam and HR training programs
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP) from the University of Pennsylvania under the of the founder of the positive psychology movement, Martin P. E. Seligman
- Completed PENN Resilience Facilitator Training Program at the Penn Positive Psychology Center
- University of Pennsylvania Secondary School Selection Committee
- University of Pennsylvania Alumni Interviewer for the Master of Applied Positive Psychology program
- University of Pennsylvania Independent Contractor Facilitator Military Resilience Training
- Frequent speaker on career matters, human resources, positive psychology and strengths-based management practices in the workplace
- 2012 Teambuilding Retreat for Dole Produce National Sales Team
- 2012 Presenter - Motor and Equipment Manufacturing Association – “Gen Y, Gen X & Boomers at Work”
- 2012 Young Jains of America – Pannel and Presenter – “The Happiness Advantage in the Workplace”
- 2011 Workshop Facilitator Vanderbilt University Career Center -
- Happenstance and Positive Psychology"
- 2011 University of South Florida Management Development Program - "Using Strengths in Business"
- 2010 NAMIC National HR Conference – Positive Psychology in the Workplace
- 2010 Working Women of Tampa Bay – Using Strengths in Business
- 2010 Fowler White Law Firm – Using and Managing Personality Strengths
- 2010 NBC News Affiliate – Interview with Stacie Schaible – “Job Satisfaction”
- 2009 Hillsborough Community College – “Professionalism in the Workplace”
- 2009 Career Transition Group of South Tampa – “Interviewing Skills”
- 2009 HR Tampa Employment Lab – “Resiliency in Job Searching”
- 2009 Workforce Tampa Alliance – “Cultivating Resilience”
- 2009 Consultant for CBS News Affiliate 10 Connects News Hour: “How to Find a Job,” “Facebook & Employment,” “What to Do When Laid-off”
On the Personal Side
Ask anyone who knows me, I’m deeply passionate about my work as a career consultant and executive coach but that’s only part of me.
I am an avid reader of the Sunday New York Times, New Yorker Magazine, contemporary fiction, and biographies. I love to garden, create one pot wonders of “comfort food”, and belong to a book group that has been meeting for 18 years continuously. I’ve been happily married to Richard A. Jacobson, (my hero) for 27 years. Richard is a foreign tax lawyer and partner at Fowler White Boggs P.A. Our son, Rick Jacobson, is a graduate of Vanderbilt University, and currently a third year medical student at Rush University in Chicago, IL. were he is doing his clinical work at Cook County Hospital. Our “other” son is an irrepressible Dachshund named Rufus.
Paying it Forward
I believe in paying forward the kindness and opportunities that have come my way. I am grateful to my mentors and to people who have helped me along the way. It is a priviledge to be in a position to help others, especially to individuals who are unemployed and need just a bit of interview coaching or some help tweaking their resume.